I was surprised at all the banana comments I received after yesterday’s banana-related post. As a result, I started thinking about why bananas are so great.
Top 3 Reasons Bananas Rule
1. they are CHEAP – definitely the most inexpensive fruit
2. they are versatile – sweet, savory, meal, snack, you get the idea
3. they are fun to eat
For all you other banana lovers out there, here are some suggestions for how to use this fabulous fruit:
- chopped and mixed with yogurt or cereal or oatmeal or cottage cheese
- sliced on top of peanut butter toast
- French Toast Breakfast Scramble by Tina at Carrots ‘N’ Cake
- pb (& j) with banana
- pb & honey with banana (this is especially good grilled!
- sliced banana with peanut butter and cinnamon
- plain from the peel
- soft serve banana ‘ice cream’
- blended with ice and milk for a smoothie (optional add-ins: cocoa, peanut butter, blueberries, etc.)
- eat frozen chunks for a snack in warm weather (warning: make sure you peel and cut the banana into small chunks BEFORE freezing!)
- caramelized bananas
Moral of the story: EAT MORE BANANAS!!